PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew Layovers: What We Already Knew
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2003, 13:57
Foreign Worker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is quite enlightening. It would appear apparent that most of the tech crew who have responded believe they have a pretty good chance with the cabin crew, if they can get them "in the mood", and that the cabin crew are happy to accomodate, provided they are bought out and buttered up first.

Little wonder aircrew have one of the highest rates of personal relationship failures of all work groups.
A party looking for somewhere to go, as long as someone else(whether it be the tech crew, or pax) is willing to foot the costs.

Peterbrat I concur with your sentiments, however we are not talking about sharing here. The sentiment of the majority would seem to favour the one with the highest salary support the others. Following this logic, any bill that comes during group outings should be divided directly proportional to incomes.
I have NEVER seen cabin crew do that between themselves - the most junior always pays the same as other cc's who are several years ahead incrementally.
Hypocritical then isn't it, that these same people who are advocating the Captain buy chocolates, and drinks to engender crew morale, do NOT do the same for those with whom they are in closer contact.

I don't see the problem with each crew member throwing the same set amount into the hat. Perhaps then, some cabin crew might not feel they have to offer their bodies, nor some tech crew feel they have made a potential "investment".

By the way Travelling Toolbox, I researched that story, and without taking anything away from the bravery exhibited by the 2 cc's, it would seem that it was 6 PASSENGERS who finally subdued the attacker.

I hope the FA's show the pax their appreciation when they are released from hospital.

A "man" who sticks to "his" convictions, Peterbrat?
Try again.