PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TALKTALK's reputation in tatters
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2014, 09:58
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spent ~40 years shackled to GPO /Post office telephones /BT

Meanwhile, broadband had arrived and ZEN provided many years of first-class service. I also finally overcame inertia and moved line-rental to PostOffice-primarily because weekend calls to mobiles were free.
By this time,my basic ZEN connection was ~£14 a month...add the same again for P.O.----add calls~£8 a month......so, not far removed from £9 a week for comms.

Withdrawal of the "free to mobiles" facility gave me a prod.....The "moneysaving expert" site showed aPLUSNET deal that meant paying a year's rental up front, plus a Direct debit mandate for calls (package of unlimited landline calls is $5/month ...100 minutes/monthtomobiles = another fiver......a £50 cashback would reduce the total broadband and line package to under £12 a month.
Well, i took the plunge, including a fiver postage fora new router....rebate cheque arrived afew weeks later It's quick,it all works, the automated call -billing is around £14 a month (Probably 'cos I go over the 60 -minute call-limit)

So, for this happy bunny, Plusnet is all good....I delight in telling BT that they abused their monopoly for 30+ years and now is payback time!

If you play games/ stream video and similar, I'd recommend ZEN.
For light users like me, the Plusnet package was unbeatable....market is very fluid and best deals vary ,week to week but they never include BT or TT.