PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dismissed Doha controller
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2014, 09:54
Joe Dunn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With friends like that....

Cuito, I have a slight confession, I was far more familiar with the events at time of posting and have since had my suspicions confirmed by ex-colleagues working at your unit. I have also had the past pleasure of working alongside the individual in question and I would like to reiterate the sentiments of Shue and LL Dictator in praise of both his ability and character. In contrast, I'm quite confident I have never had the privilege of working on your 'team' and judging by your support towards your fellow controller I consider myself extremely fortunate in that fact. I can partially see where you're coming from in relation to the whole resignation/sacking debate and the role social media plays regarding future employment but your defence of the QCAA actions in this case was deplorable. I have trusted confidants who are consistent in their reports of the absolute injustice meted out, not to mention those in this thread, and I fail to see how you justify the disciplinary actions with your "well it's your choice to work here or not" attitude. You seem to take solace in the statistic of only one sacking in over 10 years of your residence, can you please clarify if that is in reference to this particular case or does this still fall in to the category of voluntary resignation on your planet? I wonder how many previously fell on their resignation sword in order to try and salvage their career and pride?
The reason everybody is apparently misunderstanding you on here is because until that last waffle you have shown absolutely no sympathy for the individual in question and your recent compassion strikes as an afterthought following your criticisms. Whereas the rest of us are primarily concerned with the welfare of this family man who has unjustifiably been given a couple of months to leave the country and will be torn from his loving environment in the hope of securing employment somewhere within commuting distance. I don't know your family situation or your relationship to the individual but I'm absolutely certain that if you had been unfortunate enough to be in the seat that day then you would have received nothing but sympathy and support from that person, regardless of any possible standing issues between you both. And I'm not only saying that because I once worked with the person, I would expect the same compassion and 'but for the Grace of God' appreciation of any civilised human being.
You also seem infatuated with him/her having burned their bridges upon 'termination'. From what I've heard the individual has retained dignity throughout this travesty and let me tell you if that had been me in that situation I would have been far more vociferous in my condemnation of my so-called managers. As with many of your observations, you couldn't be wider of the mark if you actually contemplate that an application will be arriving from this poster. No person living in the real World, yourself obviously excluded, would contemplate applying for such an unstable position based on these events. And please don't imply that there are two sides to the story here, I have had the FACTS confirmed by three separate and unrelated individuals and there is no inconsistency in the reports of the actions undertaken.
I'm sure you will redress my observations with further eloquent ramblings but for the sake of your soon to become ex-colleague it may be appreciated if you at least expressed some solidarity and stood by a very maltreated fellow controller instead of trying to enlighten us all on the customs of the Middle Eastern 'management' structure. You say he knows your true feelings and that he has your sympathies, not from reading this thread I'm guessing? Obviously it's just the rest of the ATC community you're fooling then.
Get behind your colleague now before it's too late because the next time your paths cross you may just be on the way down from your pedestal.