PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA NPA for non-complex ATOs released
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2014, 06:48
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Our 'Members' Club' is a Limited Company, limited by guarantee. Each member is liable for £1. We Registered as a Training Facility 4 years ago and continue to pay our £100 or so each year when invoiced. At the time of registration, we stated who were our Chief Flying Instructor and Accountable Manager. As far as I am aware, no-one in the CAA checked up to see if we were who we said we were. In the past, I've seen the CAA correspond with a Club to confirm the above details from time to time.
We did get visited by the CAA when we applied to carry out Radio Telephony practical tests; the visit lasted most of the day and included an inspection to approve the premises for the taking of exams. I'm not aware of ANY other RTF being visited for any other purpose.
It is not necessary to be a Limited company of any sort in order to trade.
I would imagine that you could buy the name of a RTF that has chosen to cease trading and inform the CAA of a change of address, Head of Training and Accountable Manager, aircraft details etc and start flying.
I know of at least one RTF that has moved location and name and is 'trading as'.
If anyone is winding up, then their RTF status might be worth a bob or two.

TOO