PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA City Flyer opens recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2014, 16:47
EMB-145LR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CityFlyer is a job I've desperately been trying to get for about four years now. I've even interviewed for it a couple of times, but I think I stumbled at the interview phase where I wittered on without any proper form or structure to my answers. Nerves and jet lag both got the best of me. I probably blew it by emailing them on too many occasions begging for another chance. Desperation is a sure fire way to be rejected. My last interview was nearly two years ago. I've developed as a pilot and as a person a lot in that time. I'm more composed and focused. I've thrown in another application in the hope that I might get one more chance. I'm currently flying the EJet in the US and I'm desperate to return home.

I understand that a lot of current BACF pilots are frustrated, but can it really be so bad when compared to flying for the regionals here in the US? I've averaged maybe $30k a year over the last five years and I'm away from my wife countless nights on end, but I still love what I do. Surely CityFlyer would be a vast improvement on that? Decent money, the chance to live back in my home country, to be near my family and to be able to support my ill mother. I'd kill for that.

Just for perspective, a first year CityFlyer FO makes more than an E175 Captain where I'm currently flying!