PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doing the right thing?
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2014, 15:56
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few random points:

1. The claim that "enhanced interogation does not work" flies in the face of numerous agencies who got lots of useful and valuable information using those techniques over multiple decades of experience.

2. The claim that all "enhanced interogation" is by definition "torture" is absolute rubbish. If this were true the US government has been "torturing" its own soldiers for decades. I myself have been water boarded five times and subject to many other ""enhanced interogation" techniques numerous times. The people in this report who used these techniques honed those skills and refined the techniques on their fellow service people. Being on the receiving end of such techniques was VERY unpleasant, but I never considered it torture.

3. This "Senate Report" is all about politics and not about "justice" nor "morality". The "Senate" did not produce it, A bunch of Senators from ONE political party produced it and released it. It's completely one sided and filled with inaccuracies and even some outright falsehoods.