PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA training & career
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2014, 10:49
Adub737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA training & career

Hello fellow aviation enthusiasts,

I've been going through PPRuNe's forums for quite a while now and I've seen a lot of interesting stuff, a lot of you guys have a lot of knowledge and experience and I was hoping that you could forward all of that my way and hear what you've got to say about my situation and my goals.

I am 24 years old, living in Belgium and working as an Operations and Loadcontrol supervisor at EBBR (Brussels Airport). I was born in the US from Belgian parents so I have dual citizenship. Always wanted to become a pilot but was freaked out by the financial aspect of it and kind of "abandoned" the idea when I finished High School. But in truth, you can't block a feeling that deep in you, a passion, and I ended working around planes at the airport. This feeling keeps growing on me everyday and I am now convinced this is what I want to do. I live near what used to be the Sabena Flight Academy and now is CAE Brussels. The integrated program there was and still is around a 110k€ investment. To be honest, that is just to much for me. So, like a lot of people, I am looking towards the US and the FAA route. Like I said earlier, I am a US citizen, so it isn't a problem for me to move there and eventually pursue my career in the US. The question is where, and that is why I am posting this thread.

Living close to CAE Brussels, I obviously first took a look at their academy in Phoenix. The program they offer there is the US Professional Pilot Program which is about 60k$ excluding housing. The course includes PPL, IR, Commercial SE & ME, CFI SE ME and intrument.
To me, it looks like a much better route than the integrated programs here in Europe, especially because I have the luck of having both citizenships.

Unfortunately I haven't heard a lot on the internet about CAE's US Professional Pilot Program, and was hoping somebody here had any insight. Or if you have any other schools that would maybe be a better option, I am all ears. I don't want to rush into it...

Thanks for your time everyone