PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dismissed Doha controller
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2014, 03:52
ATC alert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr CuitoCuanavale

There is a lot of references you made to planets beyond Earth's atmosphere... and although I dislike to make this personal I can no longer resist.

Please, please quit being the sole supporter of the QCAA. Of the last 30 or so ATCO's who have worked as approach controllers in Doha which would span a number of years, there are less then can be counted on one hand persons who would reflect on the QCAA as respectable, professional, or reasonable. Yes you came from a worse scenario and as hard as that is to believe... in life there is "always worse," however that does not constitute a positive approval for this rag tag operation.

Whatever planet you came from doesn't change the circumstances that the controller was terminated and he nor anyone has to hide this other than the QCAA as they should be ashamed. In a professional organization the HR people take the time to investigate the circumstances and make their own determination and I can assure you a number of employers have already looked into this matter and have formed the appropriate determination. I know this as I have also been in communication with the same employers as I am leaving and they have implicitly expressed their appropriate assessment of the situation.

Every time you splash your ridiculous verbiage and defence of the QCAA you continue to lose respect of your current, former and future coworkers (who will determine this shortly after their arrival). While it is your right of free speech, my god 99% of ATCO's poled can't be that wrong! The QCAA are a bunch of clowns. Broken promises, revoking of contactual conditions and dangling a carrot of a better contract indefinitely. These are not a set of parameters a professional and respectful employer portrays.

The individual in question will not have any any difficulty finding employment, I am certain of this and please do not portray the QCAA as being kind or correct in this matter. If your concern was truly for the welfare of this ATCO I would have expected you to take a stance in your disappointment with our employer's actions. I know my position on this matter will become very clear when my notice is given in the near future.