PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All London airspace closed
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2014, 21:49
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gonzo
Originally Posted by me
What was it someone said earlier that the "new" centre at Swanwick cost?

A couple of billion ?
Are we just taking 'what someone said earlier' as fact?
Nope we don't have to if you know better.
Originally Posted by me
And how much is salted away in the taxpayer funded NATS pension fund ?
Salted? In what way?
As in stashed, existing and eventual retired members, for the index-linked use of ... wouldn't that be a fair summise?
And where do you get the impression that it's taxpayer funded? It isn't, by the way.
Oh? In what way is it not taxpayer funded? Oh you mean the changes in the last few years? But they didn't wind up the taxpayer funded gilt-edged bit which is regularly salted and examined for missing gilt and patched up nicely for the older stagers, now did they?
But hey, who lets facts get in the way of a good argument?
Well you are welcome to give us some - afterall, NATS is a public private partnership so there's no reason for us to be kept in ignorance by you or anyone else, now is there?

So dear fellow, is the NATS pension fund worth £6BN now, more or less? The expected annual growth in such a number would be rather more than the feeble numbers we've been knocking around for suggested investment levels in NATS operations. And the annual growth wasn't all that, then who would be patching up the hole? Do tell - there's a good chap! We're all in it together you know