PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETGO Cancel Sydney - Roma - Sydney
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2014, 21:13
Nulli Secundus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just look at the fundamentals here:

• 2 years of mining/ general charter work with a quite a sound choice of airframe.
  • Decision to launch into RPT
  • Roma - abolished because mining stopped/ slowdown
  • Launch of a new service in the USA

An aircraft designed for 600nm sectors now to operate 250 nm RPT sectors with a base of support linked to mining in NSW. It doesn't pass a basic common sense test.

You have to accept, if BN-NAA and BN-TW made sense right now, REX, QF or VA would more than likely be doing it. They're not, and especially not with JET aircraft.

I don't think these guys really have a plan for serious RPT. I don't think they themselves could articulate what is their core strategy for an expanding network.

It is hard to work out why they're stumbling. The aircraft runs rings around the turbo-prop competition but they're not making that point of difference work for them.

Why?

No head of sales and marketing! No single-minded, immovable determination to be the number one RPT operator in Australia? Under capitaised? Simply not business minded people?

Maybe a mix of all these things but the opportunity is slipping away. I would bet beyond a doubt there is no significant budget for sales and marketing!

Get a driven sales and marketing team with an adequate budget and you'd watch this business boom for sure.