PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near collision over Sweden
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2014, 16:17
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is ONLY problem for the ATC, but not for civil airplanes
Ehm, I believe it might be the other way around. ATC can't see the planes so as far as they ar concerned they don't exist. The civilian airplane that almost collides with it while climbing to its assigned altitude otoh might have found the information about its existence most useful. Poor pilots I guess would like a quick trip to the toilet to relieve the tension that springs from having a near-death experience along with the rest of the crew and passengers. One instance this spring had a separation of about 100 metres. While it may sound much, I'm sure the pilots still were, let's say, concerned about the situation.

Well maybe its time the Swedish military woke up and tried to identify inbound traffic on primary (military) radar before it enters "their" airspace?
In a futile attempt to try and stand up for my country I believe the military does its best with the equipment and personnel available. I'm sure though that now (reference: Swedish submarine hunt this fall) the whole world knows how ill treated the Swedish Army has been during these 20 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall.

It is with much embarrassment I acknowledge that our gouvernment has spent far more money on seriously destroying our educational system (did you hear about the last PISA report? We are behind countries like Vietnam..) and creating riots in segregated suburbs than anything else.

You would like to think that this fall's underwater vessel hunt has been a wake up call for everyone in charge but sadly this was not the case. We just had an election in Septembre, but the parliamentary situation has gone from bad to worse and we will hold a re-election this spring, in March.