PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dedicated Home for Brilliant Pics on AH&N (Merged)
Old 14th Dec 2014, 13:13
Flybiker7000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble with pictures not surviving time.

Just about halfway through all this wonderfull pic's, i reckon there is a common problem: Pictures dissapear!
Through the about 20 years I've been on the internet almost everything have changed several times. Mainly because the electronic development steadily gives new opportunities but also because that We as consumers/users constantly gets bored by the exsisting possibilities and aim for any new development.
This way have the photo-hosting service on the Web changed so often that most of US dont even remember the names of the past, but morely: This will continue in the future.
My reasoning about this is that since too many pictures obviously is lost due to obsolete and closed down photo-hosts or the persons own disuse of the same sevice, this site should better be used as it's own photo hosting service (for as long as it will be present on the web) and pictures should be uploaded as "hardware" directly from Yourself instead of from a hosting service wich historicly might be not-present in few years.
For those who entirely relies on having their pictures 'in the sky' it might be a trick to bring the wished shortly down on own computer again to be able to upload them here.
For the rest of the site: Links to the web tend to be obsolete during time too as many private homepages closes down for several reasons. So dont calculate a linked picture as being there for years to come!