PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Camera question.
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2014, 06:37
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Camera question.

A recent new camera, nothing flash, ( no pun intended ! ) Kodak Easy Share C195, basically a pocket size point and shoot for Mrs. ExS. Came with an included 8GB SD card.

I did nothing, ( i.e. did not format the SD card ) took it out of its box, turned it on, used it successfully over a long trip from home this year, and when I got back removed the SD card and put it in the SD card reader slot of my laptop and transferred all the pictures on to my photo editing programme. No problem, satisfied.

Today - put the SD card into my laptop to transfer some recent photographs and ..... nothing. No recognition of anything in the computer slot.

I then inserted the SD card from my older camera into the computer,and read it successfully as expected.

I then connected the Kodak camera to the computer via the provided USB cable,
still nothing, but eventually a message on the camera that when connecting non-computer equipment, such as printers or projectors, to access the Kodak website for further details. I was clearly not trying to do that, I was of course connecting to computer eqmt.

I then used an external card reader and got the message that I must format the card to use it. I've never pre-formatted an SD card before use, and know that if I do it now I'll lose all the existing photographs.

I then opened a new SD card, formatted it and took a photograph - my computer SD slot now reads that!!

Don't understand, how am I to get the latest photographs off the original SD card ?

Any clues as to what is going on ?

Thanx.