PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Short Haul EBA 2014
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2014, 05:59
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
fish

Sure headmaster. Completely agree with the general principle. I'm not saying that my lot in life is terrible. As a 2nd prize it's still pretty good. My comments are directed to Ozsync regarding his perception that perhaps I shouldn't have a whinge at all.

A couple of technical points. Most of the F/Os getting demoted get a pay rise and more control over their lives. However they all could have had that years ago. They forwent that to love their job of being an F/O. Again, as 2nd prizes go it's pretty good but most of them would give it up on a blink to stay an F/O in Sydney.

Further, I'd be very surprised if any of the demoted Captains are going to be better off financially. I've crunched the numbers a bunch of times and I'm not in front. I will be better off lifestyle wise but I could have held that lifestyle years ago anyway. I'd give up that lifestyle in a moment to keep flying the 767.

None of the crew on the 767 being demoted want to be demoted. Almost universally we'd give up whatever 'benefit' any of us may achieve on the 380 to keep doing exactly what we're doing now on the coin we're getting now.

The answer to your final question though is 'probably not'.