PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Long Live MAS. MAS will survive this way?
Old 12th Dec 2014, 19:30
taufupok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11th Dec 2014 00:30
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH Hey there Charsiew Pau,

I wasn't alluding to incorporation but rather to the beginnings of the airline.

Secondly as bluntly as you so graciously put it I have to agree with what you said. But I do hope an iconic airline such as MAS is truly cleaned up. For your reference this is where it all began.

Scheduled air passenger and mail services in Malaya commenced in 1937 when Wearne's Air Service (WAS) commenced operating services between Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Penang. Wearne's Air Service was started by two Australian brothers, Theodore and Charles Wearnes. The service commenced as a thrice weekly flight between Singapore and Penang The first flight, using an 8-seater De Havilland DH.89A Dragon Rapide took place on 28 June 1937[12] This inaugural flight departed Singapore from the then brand-new Kallang Airport, which had just opened earlier in the same month on 12 June[13] Later a second D.H.89A enabled the expansion to daily services as well as the addition of Ipoh as a destination. The WAS services ceased with the onset of the World War II Japanese occupation of Malaya and Singapore.

Wooblah.
Well, I''d be gobsmacked! Are we dyslexic? I will keep this civil without any name calling.

The topic is about MAS and it's survival. MAS was incorporated in 1971 after Malaysia came into existence in 1963. The CEO ( GM, then ) runs the whole company. Jack bird was only the DFO. I need not elaborate further.