PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus Considers Shutting Down A380 Production Line
Old 12th Dec 2014, 18:02
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mana

I'd personally disagree. I pax on emirates a lot positioning to start rotations. And I deliberately choose where possible A380 flights.

The business class offering is fantastic. If it's an afternoon flight I enjoy the craic at the bar. If I'm tired I can have a good sleep without being stepped over/having to step over. If the person next to me has an unpleasant odour I have plenty of space. All attributes the 777 doesn't have.

My experience from chatting to fellow pax indicates I'm not alone.

Now if only they would de plane the top deck first........
Nah this is just trolling, ignorance, or both. J class on the 380 sucks compared to the B777. The seats with the narrow space to stick your feet in. The random seats you have to crawl over your seatmate to get into. The last couple rows where trying to sleep while drunken Irishmen try loudly and unsuccessfully to hit on crew in the bar for the duration of the flight. It's like trying to rest in a hotel room next to well, a bar. The fact that when you cram more than 70 seats in the same space, the inflight service suffers. By the time they finish bringing the trays to the back, the front has been waiting for 20 minutes to have theirs taken away. Hardly progress, all of it. Thankfully the last time I was in J was years ago.

First? The suites are identical, except the walls a few centimetres lower on the 380 than the 777. So you have crew and curious onlookers peering in as they go past. The shower is nice. And yes, it is quieter. But still not hard to tell you're on an airplane.

Personally I didn't care where I sat as long as it was taking me away from Dubai, I'd even take Y for that! But with the possible exception of the shower, I'd hardly describe the premium classes on the 380 as superior to the 777, in fact the opposite.

But if someone wants to pay more for the privilege, hey fill your boots! One born every minute, as they say.

Frankly I'm not overtly bothered about what the blokes in Toulouse, or their Pugent Sound competitor, roll off their assembly lines. As long as it keeps the wheels of the industry turning, I'm good.
It's Puget Sound. Or else we start calling it To-Lose. Just as funny, right?

But I'll take it one further. I only care that the money goes in the account each month. Beyond that nothing matters.