PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 12th Dec 2014, 17:12
RedBullGaveMeWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Veren
I am not saying 738 hours aren't valuable. I'm just saying they're not the only valuable currency in the industry.

I also don't think TP pilots are stuck per se in terminal positions. Pilot movement has been stilted for years among all experience levels. I could just as easily point to Virgin Australia Regional and Qantaslink, two TP operators flying feeder routes for Virgin Australia and Qantas respectively. It is pretty common down under to work your way up to jets through TP ops.
That is in Australia and if you don't have the right to live and work there it is totally irrelevant. It works the same way in Canada and in the US, but Europe is a different and worse world.

And yes, Ryanair is giving an opportunity to current Europe based low hour pilots to get their career started on the most popular airliner alongside the Airbus A320 family. There are not many opportunities in GA in Europe if you didn't know...

If one's goal is to fly long haul one day or just fly a jet instead a turboprop, that person ought to take Ryanair's opportunity. Time on type is all that matters. It is a fact.