PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 12th Dec 2014, 10:21
fungi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned from assesment. I think, that everybody who even think about TR with FR know what they are doing. All of us, want to choose the best option for ourselves.

Few words about assesment in Dublin.

8 people, first all of us had chat with guy, who was our assesor. Nice relaxed chat, a lot of fun. He told us what we are there for (to have a job ) and gave us charts (East Midlands). Than we were paired. We returned to other room, and had some time to discuss charts. In the other room, there is a model of 737 cockpit. So it's good idea, to have a train of every phase of flight in SIM before you go. I had interview first, later SIM.

Interview:

HR questions - no good or bad answers, they want to find out, if you will be good capitan, and if you will be able to pass TR. In my case it was around 10-15 minutes of chat.

Tech:

1) What is that? (he pointed socket in the wall)
2) Segments of flight (why we do calculations, not what segments we have. We do calculations to make sure we are clear of obsticles in case of 1 engine failure)
3) Why we do loadsheet
4) What is a Jetstream
Others had questions about Swept wings, high lift devices etc. Most of those questions was already in this topic.

SIM.
PF & PM role. Assesor let us choose who will be first as PF. My partner have Wallesey 2N dep, but after dep he have vectors (to the north), than towards EME NDB (need to fly QDM 100 to EME), from there approach as per charts. During approach smoke in the cabin (severe). He made G/A (good decision), and than, he was repositioned on ideal long final to rwy 27.
I had dep to 2m DME, than left turn 180 climb 5000, return to EME NDB and the same as my partner. Smoke in a cabin. Emergency and landing on 27. On last stage I had LOC and GS failure but was visual, so continued to approach. SIM is not as every other sim (in my opinion difficult to fly, as when you put more throttle, aircraft pith up, when you remove it pith down) so my path was faaaaar from ideal . On short final, I was to the left from LOC, and above GS, but still decided to land (because of the fire).

That's it folks - wish you luck.
Don't know what will be the outcome for me, need to wait 2 weeks.
GL to all of you.