PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United 777
Thread: United 777
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2014, 06:01
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I once was on a B747 crew that diverted to Adelaide when it was purely domestic, due to East Coast going to fog.

Federal Police wouldnt let me off.Customs was supplied from the docks and when they arrived they would not let me (the FE) off the aircraft either . As I was the only person on the airport who was authorised to fuel a B747 this was now a problem as we were rapidly running out of hours.No one would make a decision until they could call Canberra at 9AM.I pointed out that if they had to fly in someone to refuel our aircraft we were going to be there for a very long while and anyway I still had to do my walkaround.No answer.
Eventually someone in Canberra was found and we made it to Sydney right on our 16 hours.I wanted to refuse and get off in ADL just to make them look like fools but the others talked me out of it.

Next day I got a rocket from my boss because I "refused" to fuel the aircraft at ADL. Bit hard to refuel from the flightdeck.No one at Mascot would initially believe our story but it happened. Looks like 35 years on, nothing has changed.

Wunwing