PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying an A330 sim
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2014, 21:25
India Four Two

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts
FD,

I had been wondering about trimming with no stick-force feedback. I find it very strange when flying X-Plane aircraft with a simple joystick. I often find it easier to ignore the stick and set pitch attitude with the trim.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll ask for a V1 cut and also look at hydraulic failures. GPWS escape as well.

I have a lot of glider time, but I'm not sure I would be up to a glide approach in a 230 tonne jet!

fantom,
Thanks for the inertia reminder. I had noticed that in the X-Plane flight models of the 747 and B52, but had forgotten to put that in my pre-sim notes.

I've also made a note to remember to flare higher than normal. The first landing I saw from a 777 jump seat really surprised me. It looked to me as if we were 100' up when the gear touched!

Earlier today, I had been told that my sim was AOG, but while I was typing, I had a bad news/good news call. The A330 is still down, but I've been swapped into an A380!

So I guess fantom's advice applies in spades.

My ride is Friday morning ( about 15 hours from now). I'll post my impressions on the Private Flying forum.