PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doing the right thing?
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2014, 16:51
NutLoose

Received 2,944 Likes on 1,254 Posts
So it's OK to bomb terrorists (i.e. ISIS/L), causing death, pain and disfigurement on their own territory, but giving them a slap or almost drowning them in your own territory is a no-no?

I am surprised you cannot see the difference
Considering you are Bombing a fighting force that is armed and fighting back on one hand, the other is mistreatment of prisoners who cannot fight back.

I do find it ironic the world made a rush over trying to bring to justice those involved in torture in Bosnia and then on the same hand condone the use of torture for their own purposes.

As to the question asked re people knowing, well the flights mentioned coming through the UK I would doubt anyone on the ground seeing in the Jets, refuelling or handling the aircraft would know what or who was onboard, indeed it may be possible that no one in the UK knew what was going on, though I doubt it.
An example of what I mean, when Bush visited Iraq, Airforce one overflew the UK identing as a Challenger, in fact a passing flight asked ATC if that was Airforce One overhead to be told no it was a Challenger.

Last edited by NutLoose; 11th Dec 2014 at 19:49.