PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ARCC Kinloss to close
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2014, 16:43
5 Forward 6 Back

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Torque et al, it does matter to some; I had an interview with a guy on my team today who's now considering leaving because of this exact situation, where the chances of him working within even 300 miles of where he'd like to settle are slowly reducing to zero.

Valley is driving a surprisingly huge number of my peers to PVR. For a lot of people, it's simply not a desirable location when compared to the likes of Linton or Leuchars. I can count 6 PVRs from peers in the last 6 months tied with location.

Sure, plenty of people don't care where they are, and good luck to them. But the service needs to be aware that people want opportunities, variation and the chance to live where they want. Smaller air force means less opportunities. And when basing studies looking at BFJT moving to Valley seem to completely ignore the likely wishes and actions of virtually every single QFI at Linton, it seems a bit silly. Works for airspace, works for aircraft, works for training, works for budgets... but where are you going to get the people?