PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What a waste, what a fool.
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2014, 16:42
Lonewolf_50

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts
5 Forward:
your points on pints are noted and agreed.

Where the matter of trust arises, consider the following character trait in a fella who is a career man in a position of responsibility and who by his job position has to now and again pass judgment on his subordinates ... regarding adherence to or breach of rules/ regs / laws.

Let's examine his view of the regulations he is to uphold and enforce by the actions he took: "That rule and those laws on cocaine are a load of bollocks and I don't feel bound by them."

Apply this to an SOP: "That SOP and those flight regs are for all the other pilots in the company, but not me. "

I am not saying that was his attitude -- pilots often compartmentalize well between on duty and off duty issues.

But given how many pilots/officers don't take that attitude on the cocaine, the parallel penchant for such an attitude cross over might be hiding in there based on his decision regarding said rules and laws regarding cocaine.

This is something for a future employer to ponder before hiring, and possibly a topic of interest during an interview for an open position.

It may be that after a fall from grace a vital lesson is learned, permanently. One certainly hopes so.