PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2014, 09:54
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we can firmly say that with a reduction of flights at MAN and now this, the love affair between MAN and DY is over. Shame.
Given a similar thing seems to have happened with Vueling going to BHX, (MAN just has a short run of flights around Christmas & New Year as far as we know), I just wonder how hard MAN pushed for these carriers given the airport's apparent focus on wanting easyJet and Ryanair to grow. There is also the matter of constraints with the present infrastructure and then while new developments take place, although Norwegian and Vueling could have added capacity at non-peak times.

That aside, having been away for 11 days, it was good to read some positive news, rumours and M.E.N. articles for MAN on return from holiday. Must add that departing on DL at check in and security was very smooth; and, despite arriving back 30 minutes early, unloading was immediate, through immigration in less than 5 minutes and all cases arrived within 35 minutes of on-stand. Yes, I know it's a quieter time of year but well done MAN. The flight only had about 6 empty seats going out, if that, and was about 80% full coming back including high patronage in Business (we were in economy!).

Edit: Ah, just read your post about Iberia, LAX LHR: Is this slot requests or an official start? MAD seems to be back in favour with Ryanair increasing frequency as well.