PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Dash 8 engine failure
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2014, 06:11
Ozmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Presumptions presumptions

I might have stirred the hornets nest. It was indeed amusing to read some of the comments. May be we ill-informed'' pax who sit where we sit so you might sit where you sit (˙ou are the reason we fly!") have expectations. Especially of such things as the following: No Cookies | Herald Sun The above was broadcast real-time in Sunrise. The emergency response was considered one of 'textbook' precision. May be some airports are more equal than others! In my humble opinion, an expert (ex. Pilot) stands at an interface between the 'lay'public and trained professionals. I still believe assuaging the anguish of the uninformed is necessary while handling the emergency, especially in this case as it appears to be just a úsual'procedure, according to the aviation gurus here. And you clearly see why customers like that gentleman in news are lost by the aviation sector. You might have done the mechanics right but failed miserably, at least in his perspective, to convince that you are safe! As presumed by some, I have no media or industry relations whatsoever. I am a person that believes that the value of anything lies in its merit and not in its sponsorship (i.e., which paper publishes it). In this case the said media was only disclosing some facts and not their view. The last I checked, they also belong to the fairfax group!