PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru engine failures
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2014, 00:37
Stikybeke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well on a slightly different note however still theoretically relevant, I guess another comparative between RA-Aus vs CASA ways of dealing with acceptable risk would be that as adopted by RA-Aus with respect towards Pilots medicals, which is (as copied from the RA-Aus website):

An aviation medical certificate is not required but an RA-Aus pilot must be medically fit to a standard equivalent to that required to hold a private motor vehicle driver’s licence in Australia. It is the responsibility of all Pilot Certificate holders to report to RA-Aus any change in their health status which would cause them to be below that minimum health standard required.
Now if (when dumbed down) the definition of risk basically is "The effect of uncertainty on objectives.." and taking this context when balanced against the plethora of CASA medical requirements for flight under the VFR I just wonder which is the more prudent mechanism for management of an acceptable risk of a pilot's medical status for example.

I guess the same definitive could be used with this engine argument. But then again I'm only guessing, hang on, guessing and risk management? Surely not....

Stiky