PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What a waste, what a fool.
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 21:50
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are plenty of jobs especially in the rotary world that don't require airside passes.

So I agree the north sea will be out. For the short term.

Anyway because he hasn't done any time it will be considered spent after two years. Or even 1 year if its consider a fine.

There are plenty of commercial pilots out there with time in prison and airside passes.

And places where his skill set will be at a premium all they will be interested in is hard currency for a visa.

If someone refuses to give him a job due to a spent conviction they are opening themselves up to discrimination charges.

It also depends on the charge the CM put him through on. If its a mil charge that doesn't mention drugs nobody will know what it is only that he was dishonourably discharged. So the visa thing might not be an issue depending on the charge sheet.

Either way by the time he completes the clean sheet for the class 1 medical it won't appear on a CRC.

If he was low houred unskilled pilot I would say he would be extremely unlikely to got a job as a commercial pilot. With his experience and skill set I suspect there will be certain company's and areas of operation he will be like gold dust. He could be a serial killer and rapist and they would take him on. If he has instructor experience even more so. Like it or not he has been chucked out on the street with a couple of million of well respected military training behind him and he has also put it to use.

Last edited by mad_jock; 10th Dec 2014 at 22:22.