PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian recruiting cadets!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 20:11
MichaelPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am utterly puzzled by this so-called 'offer'. And even more amazed by the poor sods who'd actually take it.

Let us forget for a while it seems nothing short of pay to fly, and digress.
So a succesful applicant gets to spend his 20-30-40? thousand euros for typerating. Then he gets to work for three months. Say he is lucky (my dear... lucky...) and clocks up 300 hours on the 737. What does he do next, pray tell?
IMHO from unexperienced turned into unemployable. The next gang around the corner does not want your 300 hours experience. They want you to do your typerating with THEM.

There's already a mechanism in place with pilots of certain provenence doing TR and clocking up 500hrs on a certain aircraft type (and paying for it quite a lot), to be subsequently employed by a certain legacy carrier (gosh! not only the LOCOs driving the market down, whoulda thought). But this? Again, what's the point of flying 300 hours?

I'm a low-timer. 580 hours, looking for my first break. This is the first time I see a 'job ad' I am eligible to apply to, and deliberately skipping it. I would like to know who on earth would sign up for this and what they'd be thinking.