PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 17:09
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flybe

Oslo a winter route as well?

I have to say thought the BHX press release was an error yesterday but the clue was in the number of flights and as CC has stated it all ties up.

I would say at least two to three aircraft less.

Oil has gone down, loads have been brilliant therefore one can only assume that they haven't been able to get the yields although Hamburg and Oslo operating in winter won't give you enough time to prove a route.

Porto was marginal due sector length, Florence had great loads, decent fares alas the 175 is not the right aircraft for the route. Knock, Waterford, Toulouse have operated a little longer and they would have good yield data and it is difficult to see these getting replaced.

Cologne...no comment and the sun routes are served already so no complaints there. Iceland has another operator about to start.

Therefore you can understand some more than others but Oslo is it has gone is bizarre and why start Hamburg in competition - was there any route planning done beforehand?

I pity BHX having to send a press release out trying to talk it up!

I would have said some are off sale whilst they amend their timetable but the BHX is clear if read carefully.......which I didn't!

Pete