PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What a waste, what a fool.
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 15:57
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cocaine use is very high among many of the high and mighty.

I put up with being tested upon at least 3 occasions as I recall, and also had to be piss sampler/logger bloke on 1 occasion as well. By accident or design mostly Junior Rates were sampled, cant ever recall a massive amount of aircrew going through-but then I think RN squadrons were locked down and done separately.
I could imagine a few in that time have beat the wrap, I never thought it was an entirely safe, ethical system.
There'll be a few still flying or operating that have indulged and haven't been caught, bound to be.
It always really gripped my **** that we were treated and tested like prisoners, whilst those that implemented the law (i.e. those that lurk in the House of Commons) are never ever tested, or held to account).
Taking cocaine isn't a hanging offence, never was anyway. Maybe he took it to ease his stress and strain in the same way loads of us used to drink very heavily, to just get high? Stressful enough job he was in anyway FFS, people should remember that as they put the boot in on him.
And the point I'm badly trying to make is, if...if we could ever bring it about to carry out random tests on MPs, House of Lords day sleepers, Barristers and QCs, Police Officers, CEO's, Managing Directors...you would all be amazed (or saddened by this country's lack of morality and high minded hypocrisy).