PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 12:47
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Widebody

Nope don't intend to defend the indefensible.

I think NAS are moving in the direction with regard to employment but they have gone about it in a cack handed way, as reflected in the internal flight safety bulletin.

My observation is that OSM are 'just' replacing the current 3 agencies, the contract is the same apart from 3 month notice & being permeant

Just how many of the 3 month-er's will end up working only 3 months after line release remains to be seen, i note also that the current NTR course have now had their terms and conditions improved dramatically, but they were piss poor before.

Going back to Capt Colman he joined as a contract pilot and yes some feel less secure and this may make them less likely to report on flight safety issues, that is human nature, but not company policy, many ex UK pilots have raised their eyebrows at what was allowed under UK CAA rules and what is allowed under Norway rules, it matters not now because all fall within EASA rules.

I have no rose tinted glasses where NAS/NAN/NAI are concerned, but the overwhelming vast majority of pilots i fly with are more than satisfied with both the deal and the way that they are treated by NAS, communication over contract matters aside.

Outside of LGW & Core you'll not earn more for working so little, standby duties are seldom called maybe 1 -20 call out to duty and 1 -40 on the day

On balance if your happy with your base i still think its ahead of Ryanair and Jet2 but behind easyJet