PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What a waste, what a fool.
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 12:17
Lonewolf_50

Received 416 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by More lookout
Whilst his act deserved punishment. I suspect there was a trail of signs leading to this outcome. His colleagues may of noticed a change in behaviour or appearance. I would suggest an intelligent man does not go from zero to taking coke in his room in one step. The question for the hierarchy is "why and could we have prevented this"
May have noticed ...

As to cocaine, one of my fellow flight students, back in the early 80's, got caught on a pee test for cocaine. Most of us were a little taken aback -- WTF were you thinking mate? - and of course he was tossed out on his ear.

Flash forward ten years. The training officer at our RAG (type training) has a young LTJG pop positive for cocaine after a standard Monday morning random urinalysis. Most people were very surprised. Then again, he had family up in the Los Angeles area, and lots friends from his younger days, none of whom had chosen the Navy as a profession. Training terminated.

I guess my point is: folks now and again make some stupid decisions.
EDIT:
I just noticed: age 43, divorced, career military officer. That fits the profile for a bit of "out of character" behavior ... well, at least in my experience. Sad, but not the first nor the last.