PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 10:51
Widebdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LNIDA, you might argue that NAS do not abuse staff on contracts and I tend to agree. However the real point I interpret from the letter is a complaint about the employment model. There is truth and evidence in the industry that in-direct employment can lead to diminished rights for employees and a reduction in the reporting by those employees.

In my opinion there is no good reason (for us) why NAS would want their permanent Pilots one, two or three steps removed from them. Easyjet don't need these extraordinary permanent employment models so why should we?

Again I agree, NAS, at this moment in time, do not tend to abuse the diminished rights of agency pilots, but NAS is evolving and a day may come in the future when we wished we hadn't have given up our demands for direct employment.

LNIDA you seem to hold an exceptionally positive view of the company on this forum. I really do hope your positivity is proven correct over the next 12 months. Fancy defending the self sponsored 737 rating and 3 month contract? Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA Pilots - FIRST OFFICERS NON TYPERATED B737 ? 3 MONTHS SUMMER CONTRACT