PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What a waste, what a fool.
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 09:45
Admin_Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ethos of an RAF Officer.

“The distinctive character, spirit and attitude of the RAF which together inspire our people to face challenge, and, on occasion, danger. It is underpinned by tradition, esprit de corps and a sense of belonging. It encompasses the will to contribute to the delivery of effective air power that arises from confidence in the chain of command, trust in colleagues and equipment, respect for individuality, sustainment of high professional standards and the courage to subordinate personal needs for the greater good.”

My highlight. He willingly entered into a career in which you agree to abide by the rules, however out of kilter with the rights of the citizens you defend those rules may be. I could not grow I goatie, wear an earing or travel to certain countries; so I didnt. I knew the fall-out from taking drugs, even weeks after a one-off 'experiment', so I never did 'experiment'.

To make comments that the Armed Forces should be permitted to take recreational drugs because society at large does really is the beginning of the end. Proone IMHO your attitude is one of a.... well lets just say the handle is appropriate.

If there is a medical aspect to this then he deserves support. If it is soley a criminal aspect then he should have gone to jail before dismisal. Few here will know which of these options is appropriate.