PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 09:12
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Hitchen is probably a very nice person with very good intentions, but he has, like so many commentators on aviation regulation, no clue on the subject. He lost me here:
(6) CASA board to exercise full governance control
I do take my hat off to successive governments at the masterful way in which they've scammed punters into believing that the CASA board makes a difference. However, I have difficulty in accepting that anyone who presumes to claim a modicum of knowledge or understanding of the recent (two decades or so) history of aviation regulation or the role of the CASA board can reasonably believe that the CASA board has made and will make a difference.

But I'm always prepared to stand corrected. Can anyone walk me through what s/he considers the CASA Board will do to change things?

An example: A CASA delegate has decided that pilots with CVD who can't pass either of the two prescribed colour vision tests, or the CAD test, are not allowed to have a particlar kind of medical certificate.

What do people think the CASA Board can do about that decision?

What, precisely?

I'm not interested in waffly Jeff-Boyd-and-Chuck-Yeager-on-the-Board-will-save-the-world-of-aviation crap (despite the fact that others, like me, may have enormous respect for both.)

Tell me what the Board does, in fact, step-by-step, to change the decision.