PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Pilotless airliners safer" - London Times article
Old 9th Dec 2014, 19:36
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You *can* make hypothetical technical arguments until the cows come home (Let's face it, few on here have many relevant FACTS).
The point is most fare paying customers (me included) will simply not buy a ticket on a pilotless airliner.

Yes, but, you will not give a toss about the rewards the pilots receive. You will only be interested in the cost of the ticket. The cost of operating the a/c has reduced due to oil prices; further costs e.g. ATC, landing fees etc. will not reduce, but the pax expect reduced ticket prices. So where is that reduction in cost going to come from? There aren't too many choices. Why is the travelling public so naive?
You go to a 'Fast food outlet" you can eat; you go to a 3* restaurant & you can eat. One is more enjoyable and better than the other. They are both licensed. You get on a 3* airline and you can travel in safety; you get on an airline who pays peanuts and you take your chance. One is more enjoyable than the other. Both are licensed.
QED.