PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2014, 07:13
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Unfortunately possums, the Ministers "Statement Of Expectations" of CASA will be written by Mr. Mrdak and CASA itself, thus neatly negating any possibility of reform.

I have it in my mind to talk to one or Two MP's and Senators I know plus One ex-PM if I can sufficiently distract him into being candid. My suspicion now is that private and general Aviation is equated with terrorism. We are to be killed off as "too dangerous".

CASAs solution to this is to regulate every aviation institution as if it were an airline thus giving effect to the "only airlines and RAAF" limitation on flying.

I come back again to the need for an Aviation enthusiasts political party targeting marginal Senate seats nothing else will get the politicians attention.

A Petition to Parliament?? Are you kidding? What a waste of time!

A more useful idea would be to develop a questionnaire on aviation and send it to every member of parliament and the Senate and every candidate in future.

To put that another way, the time for "sweet reason" is over. It ended with the governments lukewarm non-response to the review and the appointment of a superannuated doddering complaisant RAAF officer to preside over the next phase of our destruction.

To put that another way, fight or you are going to go under. Take lessons from the CFMEU.

For a start, if there were an industry association with any guts, call for a complete GA and recreational aviation boycott of the Avalon Exhibition next year .