PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2014, 19:36
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soteria,

"God help aviation worldwide if 'he who hates tautological rubbish' receives an anointing at the Montreal star chamber. Oh dear......"

Fortunately ICAO, much like the UN, is or has become a bit of a toothless tiger. Actually it might be a good place to put the screamer. He'd be in an environment where his ego would be continually stroked and his ability to damage aviation any further would be minimal.

The FAA, as I understand it, have already witnessed the Skull is full out of control screaming rage mode.

I'd love to have witnessed one of those.

A very senior FAA person did and described it as awesome.

I also understand the FAA provides a quite large slice of ICAO's funding.
The Skull may have to enroll in Anger Management classes because I doubt the USA will put up with his Jeckle and Hyde antics and they are well aware of the regulatory debacle he inflicted on Australia

"that the stoogie muncher set Australian aviation back a good 5 years".

A good bit father than that I fear.

General aviation in Australia is on its last gasp. Flying training is probably all that's left and only then with government subsidy which could be pulled at any time. I just cannot see foreign students coming here, unless they are looking for a passport rather than a pilots license.

Our costs are about to skyrocket thanks to part 61 and its associated gobbledygook, much like the death of our manufacturing industry, we are regulating ourselves out of business.

The airlines will fare little better. I suspect the limit has been reached where regulatory costs can just be added to the ticket price without affecting yield.

All the parasite industries that have sprung up that suck the life out of airlines are doing very well, but their host I'm afraid is starting to falter.

The airline industry I fear, is slowly morphing back to the two airline days, seat prices are rising and I think the punters are doing their sums and moving back to their cars.

Over regulation has become the biggest enemy of aviation in Australia and McComic presided over the implementation of the worst of it.

Sunnies post on Albo's speech illustrates just how ill informed the politicians are and how much they care.