PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 8th Dec 2014, 18:43
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
November 4,

End of war party, ooo eck, I remember it well. For some of us the party trailed along to the Diplomat in Bahrain, and continued for several more weeks/months. Now, I'm rather hoping that AA62 can offer some advice here. My extended detachment to Bahrain actually crewed me up, for the only time, with a 30 Squadron crew, who were some of the best blokes I ever worked with. Captains first name was John (ISTR) had a West Country accent and was a true gentleman, the Eng was Nutty Bob (You either know or don't) and the Loady a great bloke who was happy for me to run the galley regularly. Our Nav, who I was sharing a room in the Diplomat with (we were the only smokers), was I believe Nigel ? Sported a proper moustache, and had a real sense of humour. Our Co, Andy ? Another great character. All in all, a team who worked together well, and I wish I could remember their names. I still have the battery powered drumming bear that was given to me on our last night before return to UK. Any ideas AA62 ? I wish I had some photographs from that few weeks.

GW1 wasn't all hard work you know!

Smudge

PS, AA62, Nice to see Bert get a mention in your Op order.