PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX really mean business
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2014, 11:23
Shapeshifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess paying your staff crap and treating them as such also helps.

They could just as easily train the ground crew who are already there to do the same task. But no and as usual, they just lump everything onto the pilots.

We are talking about an airline here, not GA.
I don't know Jenna, I mean we are talking about remote communities here with populations of sometimes less than a few hundred and you are suggesting that Rex should have dedicated, highly trained and well paid local ground staff to supervise single engine turn arounds maybe once or twice a week...?

No, they couldn't easily train the ground staff. I'd much prefer an FO who is aware and up to date with procedures to supervise than local ground crew.

Get a grip, you obviously have no experience whatsoever in regional operations and if you imagine that it would be better to have both pilots sitting upstairs in crisp white shirts and hats, sipping on coffee and relying on local ground crew to support you must be living in fairy land.

Maybe we aren't talking about an 'airline' here in the strictest sense of the word... perhaps it is a melding of GA and RPT in the unique environment we find ourselves here in Australia, that of large distances, small communities and the essential services that regional airlines provide.

Stick to sipping your lattes in terminal 3 while updating your social media while the rest of us get down and get to work.

All the best