PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More RAAF intransigence YBWW/YBOK
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2014, 08:19
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of which says, if you can afford it, just to be on the safe side, if you want to go stooging about beyond 11NM 5281 ft off our coast, register your aircraft in a sane country, like NZ, then our world famous 1st class, admired across the universe regulator, that other regulators beat a path to our door begging to adopt our regulations, can go stick it up their nose!!..

Oh... okay creamie, sorry.... rush of blood to the head, I forgot about Reg 222 didn't I?

You know I faced this conundrum many years ago. Some guy had ditched in Bass straight with a Folker circling above, powerless to do much except plead.

I was on the ground in Launceston about twenty minutes away. I had a raft and someone to toss it out.

Trouble was it was the only Navajo in our fleet without a FM supplement for door off operation.

The powers that be flatly refused to sanction the drop without the supplement.

I very nearly just went and did it anyway, but the threats prevailed.

Whether it would have made any difference I have no idea, but I have spent many years filled with guilt that I didn't.

This is the face of prescriptive bull**** we call regulation, people die and the assholes that cause or create it it get off blameless.

Think of the Longreach angel, who, in the dead of night, went and picked up a critically ill pregnant woman when the RFDS was committed elsewhere.

Saved her's and her unborn child's life.

A hero in anyone's language, but it had to be a private operation. All good except...

Did that stop the dirt bags in CAsA from destroying his business and his life on a technicality that any sane, honorable person would have chosen to ignore.

His crime??..he reluctantly accepted money from the woman's husband to cover the cost of his fuel and a private operation suddenly became commercial. SHOCK>>>HORROR>>>GASP>>>>A BREACH...much like the pregnancy.

Prescriptive regulation!!..

I often pray that the assh..les that did that have trouble sleeping at night, but somehow I doubt it, people like that have no conscience. If I was religious I'd hope that one day they would have to face their maker, rumor has it there's a clique of religious nutters embedded in CAsA, but from what I've seen of religious nutters is it's always about the money.

So what does a private pilot do?

When he owns the only 172 for a thousand miles, there's a boat floundering 12 and a 1/2 miles off the coast, people are in danger of drowning and the new SAR jets are hours away, even if they could drop a raft.

Sorry guys afraid you'll just have to drown, cos CAsA says I cant go beyond 12 miles.

Prescriptive regulation??

Rapacious, completely untrustworthy, BIG R regulator looking for notches on their gun???

Declare a mercy flight??..forget it, not without consent signed by the DAS and witnessed by the devil himself, because you cannot in any way shape or form trust CAsA. You have to accept that today, all our aviation pioneers from yesteryear would be in Jail, or grounded as not fit and proper persons.

Last edited by thorn bird; 8th Dec 2014 at 09:01.