PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Private Ramp Check questions...
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2014, 05:39
kaz3g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to Creamie for pointing me in the right direction.

CIVIL AVIATION REGULATIONS 1988 - REG 6A

Identity cards
(1) CASA must issue an identity card to an authorised person:

(a) appointed under regulation 6 for the purposes of any 1 or more of the following provisions:

(i) subregulation 30(4); system of certifying completion of engineering activities ( now in CASR?)

(ii) subregulation 33(2); competency of holder of welding or airworthiness authority

(iii) regulation 43A; access to and inspection of maintenance release

(iv) regulation 50D; persons required to make or retain records must provide access to them

(v) regulation 53; power to investigate defects of aircraft or parts

(viii) regulation 227; admission of authorised person to crew compartment

(ix) regulation 290; discharge of firearm on aerodrome

(x) regulation 302; on demand, produce or cause to be produced for inspection by an authorised person, any certificates, licences, log books or other documents relating to the aircraft and produce pilot licence

(xi) regulation 310B; (think this was to do with times of night?)

(b) acting under regulation 305. Access to aviation places at all reasonable times

It appears to me that not only must the authorised person produce his/her identity card if exercising a power under the Regulation (I hate powers being granted under regs instead of the Act), his card must carry a notation of the specific regs for which the authorisation applies.

This is a different card and appointment to that of an investigator whose appointment is under the Act.

Investigators can obtain warrants but authorised officers don't need them...you are guilty, anyway. Weird.

Kaz

Last edited by kaz3g; 8th Dec 2014 at 05:50.