PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom 480B
Thread: Enstrom 480B
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2014, 19:15
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enstrom 480 handling

For Schweizer 300 guy ... Its good to be recommended here on PP, and IF I can help with any items on Enstrom handling, naturally as a long-time flyer and supporter of the type, I'm always delighted to do so.

I see someone has posted the 480 display I completed at the SA Air Force Base at Waterkloof, and while I kept the my standard display routine as 'Ladylike' as I felt proper for the nature of the occasion, I cannot say enough how very much I enjoyed handling the type. I've said to so many people, "that week of display flying, was probably as good a flying week it has ever been my privilege to enjoy."

The many 'merits' of the type have been listed already and all are true in spades. Sure the 480 doesn't have the outright speed of the MD or similar types, but for ease and reliability of secure handling, my view is the 480 is up there with the very best.

And I note, no mention was made of the easy engine-off handling ... as good as anything I have ever flown. She is a good looking ship, has an unrivalled safety record, is an absolute joy to handle and won't totally empty your pockets with operating costs. I sometimes wonder why anybody buys anything else! (well almost!) Enjoy your ownership. Dennis Kenyon.