PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2014, 17:20
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lee_apromise,

I think we are speaking about two different things. I was speaking about getting a CPL licence or ATPL and you are speaking about getting a type rating.

ATPL FAA writen is easy, is a fact. Because you study a bank of questions (it doesīt matter your knowledge about aviation) in comparison with JAA you can study a bank of 10.000 questions but is not enough, you must study you must know about meteo, regulation, air law, performance... if you donīt study you donīt pass... simple. I donīt know if it makes you better pilot but at least is a warranty that you passed because you won it.

With respect to Type Ratings in FAA and JAA. I have 3 type ratings. First was in London, Second in Madrid, Third in Pánama. In England and Madrid the Type Rated Examiner TRE makes me your FAA oral exam while I was flying during the emergencies so I can warranty you that when you get your Type Rating you know the systems and the JAR OPS and JAR FCL regulation very good. Do you know what some Private companies do when their pilots fail a LPC in the sim in Europe? They send their pilots to FlightSafety USA.

I know a very very good USA pilots, I like to fly with them because I learn a lot, most of them are professional pilots here with thousand of hours but I keep saying that the standards of training in Europe are very high and a Danish, Spanish, French, English, German... are better prepared, Iīm sorry if it hearts yo tu ear that but is true. Also I have a friend here (spanish) he got his license in USA and work several years as Flight Instructor in the same school before join COPA. This guy explain me most of americans students donīt study and they have a bad attitude to learn.

[QUOTE]otal bull$hit. 14 JAA ATPL theory exams doesn't make you a better pilot.

How about trying to get a rating or a certificate by an FAA Inspector? He will grill you with oral exams. /QUOTE]

Last edited by samca; 7th Dec 2014 at 17:30.