PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Going To Avalon 2015?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2014, 10:33
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Squawk!

Been there a number of times...tried most methods of entry...Car, Bus, Organised bus tour, train, and flying into YAVE

YAVE takes the cake by a LONG shot. Yes its busy, but a thorough read of the docs make it almost seamless...if you are struggling to comprehend, a short group read makes short work of it. IF you get it wrong, the controllers don't kill you for it, the simply accomodate you and help you make it work. BIG thumbs up to those guys. (its easier for them to steer you right than it is to lambast you over the radio)

The ground marshalls, are a little hit and miss, but they all have the greatest of intentions. If you get it parked slightly wrong, they'll just help you push it and move along to the next plane without complaints....most of the marshalls are plane spotters at heart, they do a good job.

The Transit buses.....great system.. seen em try to re-invent it a few times, but they've never made it better or worse, its simply something else in the whole YAVE thing that just works....also most of the drivers are plane spotters as well.

CASA FOI's at YAVE.....well a leopard doesn't change its spots. Just have your paperwork in order (NOT hard) and they will be onto the next plane quick as mustard. I did find them useful my first trip in, when it came to leave. Was reading the docs again to make sure I wasn't gunna stuff up..had a question, found one doing the usual amount of public service work and put her to good use.

There is NOTHING negative about flying into Avalon East....unless you think 4 hours in traffic each way is relaxing.

See ya there

Jas