PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OP 'TIL WE DROP
Thread: OP 'TIL WE DROP
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2014, 21:06
RAFEngO74to09

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Comments on AARSE

As you can imagine, AARSE is all over this running a thread which is generating pages at 4 x the rate on PPRuNe: RAF Morale Failure at Akrotiri | Army Rumour Service

Quite a few chuckles to be had scanning through the comments:

For example, from "Draft Dodger": "I don't even find this funny. Someone needs to get over there and shove a morale rocket up their a...s."

This from "AT55": "Why did the Army/Royal Marines miss this when Iraq and Afghan were under way? They could have sent squaddies for a few weeks in Akrotiri to toughen them up to the deprivations they would get in theatre. Typical of the heads to miss this or maybe they reckoned that your average soldier of marine would just find it too tough!!! "

Just like PPruNe, thread drift off-topic from "Gunner 82": "During Gulf War 1 fought you may remember for freedom and democracy I was on Kermit's staff and we had complaints from the RAF that the Gulf Hotel in Bahrain was not up to the standard they expected as they were working very hard, I felt so sad for them having inferior room service and as for the poolside service it nearly brought me to tears." I left out the bit about what he would rather his daughter had done instead of joining the RAF as an officer.

Of course there are many other helpful suggestions regarding det self-help solutions, recommendations about how the chain of command should have handled the situation, and informed comment on how this makes the RAF look. Grab a coffee and enjoy !