PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2014, 19:47
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farce, facts and fallacy??

Slats –"What really went on 6 years ago? I hope the Senators chose to ask."
Before the Senate may ask those questions Skidmore needs to do his homework, then find the bottle to provide the evidence which will answer those questions. It does not have to be a 'dirty washing' expose; in house, in camera would do the trick. But he must report; and the 'government' must be seen to take action; if any sort of international credibility for Australian aviation is to be accorded the Abbott government, that is.

Skidmore is very neatly perched between the devil and the deep blue sea; for the Senate Committee (SC) and most of the grown up aviation world know that he has entered the snake pit. Not finding a way of 'sorting it' condemns him to becoming part of the problem which cannot, not with impunity be ignored. For to simply ignore or soft soap the issues away will incur the wrath not only of the SC and Oz industry, but that of other national authorities; the FAA for example. The Canucks are probably queuing up for a whack right now, righteously miffed, having played Patsy in the Murky Machiavellian production of "Peer Review".

Passenger safety is not the issue. It's industry prosperity and investment safety which has suffered, particularly in the light/medium weight class. VLJ and corporate jet operators are a classic example; putting a new aircraft type on an AOC is another. The outrageous amounts of time and money, while an annoying speed bump is not the core issue. The disparity between 'officers' and offices causes heartburn; plenty of very good, clear examples. But these, although significant are not the core issues. It's uncertainty and fear.

The McComic system of predetermined outcome took root and was wholeheartedly embraced by his acolytes. McComic edict – "Fix that, make it go away, I'll back you". In go the Golden West Mafia (GWM) 'Black hats, who revelling in the top cover not only get to weave their evil as directed but get a free slap at the despised 'White hats'. The added bonus is that the 'White hats' are not only humiliated and made to look bad, but they are 'controlled', by fear, bullied into submissive positions. It was, is, and remains a very sick system, the exponents promoted and protected, building their very own little putsches of mischief and malfeasance.

Then there is the lobotomised fringe, those who write 'law' for helicopter operations, without having the faintest notion of 'operational' reality. Those who use every ounce of aero club experience to draft licensing laws and operational tenets; those who inflict their personal methods for operating aircraft onto the poor sod of a CP who must not only live with a flawed system, but be legally liable for it – and so on and so forth; you all know that tune.

We need to turn the heat down on regulatory reform. McComic only pushed that agenda hard because of bonus and, of course an eye on a plumb ICAO job. Although I doubt even ICAO is that 'Fick'. FCOL, If ICAO ever deigned to look at Part 61 and it's MoS; they would see exactly why the disgraced McComic should be consigned to the pencil sharpening cupboard; for all time.

So, if Skidmore can, as the IOS have done, identify the 'wrong un's' and with SC assistance weed them out of the system, he will have put the icing on the industry cake. With the 'White hats' support, the rest will fall into place – easy as pie. But if the 'Black hats' gain the ascendancy; it will be open warfare and believe me; they will trying to protect their rice bowls and will not 'play nice'

Pel Air is not a bad place to start; but there are others who were mauled by the 'Black Hat' brigade. Sorting out the GWM first will just make life so much easier as changes will not be undermined, perverted or used to covertly attack the man who made the industry demanded changes.

Sending Beaker to the naughty corner only punishes a cripple. Isolate the bullies and punish them; lest their mates decide it's easier to join in. Kicker or Kickee, that is the question Skidmore must ask himself and provide an answer to.

Skidmore is much like a priest conducting an exorcism; one small lapse of faith, a seconds hesitation or moments weakness and, Whammo, the daemon has you by the nuts; never to let go.

Aye, Grim thoughts indeed, for Sunday morning, I know. I do have happier. But if we are forced to dance with the devil; it's better we call the tune, early; just so there is no misunderstanding. The bones of Beaker are a welcome offering, but they have precious little meat on them. Meat, spuds and veggies please Mr. Truss: or, Wabbit pie with all the trimmings. We know you have both in the kitchen. Now then, will you serve them up, as promised, or renege??

Toot toot..

Last edited by Kharon; 6th Dec 2014 at 20:15. Reason: No, It's not me dear, that bloody elephant ate a bucket of ice cream yesterday and No: I've, no idea how he got it.