PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another headset recommendation thread ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2014, 14:24
thborchert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...The DC10-13.4 is generally accepted to be the best passive headset on the market.

At work we trialled multiple headsets for our very noisy work aeroplane a few years ago.

So, from all of that, I'd say Bose if you can afford it and don't have my personal need to hear all the funny noises, then HM40. DC10-13.4 if you can get a bargain, or prefer to own stuff from a big brand. Personally I'd not look at other brands - Bose are the best in active, and DC and HM budget neck-and-neck on passive. Everybody else is "also ran".
Truly, I mean no offense. But since this is such typical pprune/Internet behavior, I feel compelled to comment.

The simple fact is this: us humans cannot possibly know everything about anything. Sometimes, it behooves us to just admit that - or at least keep quiet on a subject.

Yet here we have this post, making bold, sweeping statements about how one brand is "it" and the others are "also ran". The post is based on a product that is THREE product generations back and not even available anymore. Not only has the brand mentioned since come out with a new and substantially different model, but other brands have introduced substantially different technology.

I just have to wonder: why post? And was any thought given to the fact that a reader might infer the same principles of what personal knowledge a post is based on are applied to any other subjects the poster writes about? Hmm.