PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welshpool Flying?
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2003, 05:29
Starwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying at Welshpool

Can I please try to dispel some of the myths and ill-informed opinions about Welshpool (Mid Wales) Airport. It is a wonderful and beautiful part of the country to fly in and around. There is a fixed wing and a rotary wing school at the airfield and their aim is to provide first class training at an affordable cost using very experienced instructors. Pool Aviation is dead, deceased, joined the choir invisible...it is an ex-flying school! The new Welshpool flying School is a friendly place to be, for both students and PPLs, who are most welcome. If you fly in at weekends, bacon rolls are available. Why not place your order in flight to ensure that they are ready when you have landed! Many pilots are already doing so! There is always a friendly face here to answer your questions and give advice if required, and several local taxi companies are available to take you into town. They are Yellowcabs on 01938 553311 or Ambercabs on 01938 556611, and are well used to picking up weary pilots from Welshpool International! All I can say to the perpetrators of some of the garbage I have read on this forum is either they have not been here and are working on the basis of heresay, or they have been listening to "sour grapes" from the previous operator of the airfield. Please come and visit soon. You will not be disappointed.