PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 5th Dec 2014, 23:40
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zorab, & Airpolice.
Of course I understand the proper way these investigations are handled. and as I said in my last post, I am not expecting detail here, merely an indication on how the investigation is going. But I am increasingly concerned at the time this one is taking!

The accident occurred within a relatively short time of the merging of all the Scottish Forces into one big one. AND as a result, of the aircraft being expected to cover a huge territory instead of being confined to just one force area. Much as since NPAS, a much reduced fleet of aircraft are covering an area in England and Wales, previously covered by many more.

I have always believed that there is an inherent danger in spreading the resource so thinly, that not only is efficiency reduced, but the danger of crew fatigue is increased as well. I don't know, but I am worried, and that is my only driver in this matter.

So I seek assurance that the greater range responsibility of what was once only the Strathclyde aircraft, played no part whatsoever in what happened that night.

It would be doubly unfortunate if the eventual publication of the report were to clash with a very busy news period and get swallowed up as a result. Clearly that would be in no ones interest.

Tigerfish